Newland Memorial Uniting Church – Victor Harbor
Duties of the role –
- Promotion of coming events in the life of the congregation and events to be held by others in the church, through advertisement and articles in publications such as The Times, What’s On in Victor Harbor web sites and Facebook pages, placing posters in shop windows etc.
- Collect and collate material for publication. At times this may include soliciting appropriate articles and photographs from people.
- Developing flyers and brochures to publicise coming events.
- Manage the Newland Memorial web page, including seeking appropriate copyright and permissions for material to be posted (e.g. permission from people depicted in photographs).
- Manage the Newland Facebook page including identifying appropriate strategies and timings to post items on the page.
- Manage an archive of publicity that has been developed, so that it may be referred to in the future and reused as is appropriate.
- Familiarity with loading material and maintaining web pages, or willingness to learn this via formal training or mentoring.
- Familiarity with the potentials of Facebook and capacity to use it effectively.
- Computer skills in Publisher and other appropriate programs to enable design and production of publicity flyers.
- A current driver’s license is desirable.
- Ability to take direction from the Church Council or appropriate Management Group.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of copyright requirements when it comes to using illustrations, other material and posting to web pages and Facebook.
- Have a sensitivity to what is appropriate material to use on media pages linked with a Uniting Church congregation and awareness of appropriate Christian content for this congregation.
- The person filling this role will be accountable to the Church Council and will need to liaise with ACO (Administration, Communication and Outreach Management Group).
- Regular brief reports will need to be made to the Church Council through the ACO group.
- Day to day support and liaison with the Church Council executive and the Minister of the congregation.